Quote:

How do the KB Street Hemi blocks (water) compare to the World blocks ...?

Darren
I've built many HEMIs using both blocks. The KB is a very stout block that can handle just about anything. KB's street block is really a racing block with water. I have a 1500 HP KB with a blower running for several years now. No issues.

The World block is good too. I like the fact that you can get the world block with lifter oiling and bushed lifter bores. You have to pay extra to get a KB block gun drilled and he sends them out to have that done. It's not done in house.

Street cooling is about the same. On the dyno the BTU extraction between the blocks is within measurement error.

Your decision on INDY is a good one.

Things to consider with any aluminum block:
* Cam bearings can move with aluminum expansion. Have your machinist pin the bearings. KB will do this for you if you ask.
* If you want oil to the lifter bores consider my above comments.
* Both blocks use the same sleeves so leaks like that are far gone.
* KB will install 1/2" or even 9/16" head bolts if you want.
* Run steel main caps. That's the way they both come but don't change that.

One final comment that shouldn't be overlooked. Ken at KB is THE BEST at customer support. He wants to get you what you want and he will stand behind his product. I bought a new KB block several years ago just after Ken added some new CNC equipment. The cut for the rear main was slightly off. Ken took it back and fixed it for no charge. He even paid for the shipping. Great guy!