Good Evening All

Well, I spent the winter (off and on) trying to track dwn the cold engine drivibility issue in the '88 Omni (Throttle Body 5 speed). I even broke down and took it to a locally owned (not a chain store) repair shop. There are no fault codes and the the only time it acts up is when the engine is cold. The shop found that my Autolite spark plugs were about 3/16 shorter than the Original Equipment Champions. I replaced the plugs, however the problem is still there.

The problem is that when the engine is cold, it idles like a carburator with a stuck choke. When you accelerate to 2500RPM the motor bucks like it dropped a cylinder. Once it warms up, it runs great.

To day I looked at it again. I tested the fuel pump pressure (the pump is still original w/162K on the clock). Pressure was 15 psi. I checked the timing (12* BTC with the coolant temp sensor unhooked). I then tested the air temp sensor that is located in the top of the air cleaner housing. It would not hold vacuum, The vacuum motor that controls the air door between the pre-heat hose and the fresh air duct works great. (held 20hg for 10 minutes as per the shop manual). All the vacuum hoses are pliable. So, my reasoning takes me to the sensor.

Looking at all the usual parts stores, I am coming up empty. Does any one have a lead on part # 4542765? The book calls it a SENSOR, Temperature. It is about the size of a quarter with 2 vacuum nipples, It is located inside the cover of the air cleaner housing.

A couple of years ago, I replaced one on my '79 Volare. If memory servs me correctly, these items were used back in the early seventies. They were located in the air cleaner and coltoleed the 'door0 between the heat stove and the snorkel.
As all ways, all replies are welcome.