I have a new 318 running in my '73 swinger (904 trans w/ stock high stall, mild cam). I put a 22" dodge radiator in it with a fixed 7 blade mopar fan.

Even breaking in the car cools well in easy conditions (40s outside, no extended idling or high rpm) but it gets a little hot (210) spinning 3.73s at 70-80mph and there's no shroud so it doesn't cool well in heavy traffic or in a drive through.

I am thinking about fabricating a shroud for it but I don't want to spend a bunch of time and energy just to find out it's still gonna overheat if I hit summer traffic.

Does anybody else have good luck with the 22" setup? Should I just grab a griffin or champion aluminum rad? How about a nice shroud with a strong electric fan? Of course that would need an upgraded alternator and a relay and ideally a fancy controller module ($$$)

So that's the parts I already have. What has worked for y'all? I don't want to spend $ if I don't have to but this car is mostly a cool beater for my wife to drive so I don't want her having problems.

Thanks

radar