Quote:

it would depend on where the extension is.

if you simply put a pipe over the handle to make it longer, now in order to crank off 75 ft/lbs to the fastener, it will only take you 25 lbs of effort instead of 50. YES THE BASIC LEVERAGE PRINCIPLE

if you somehow managed to put an extension on the head of the wrench, picture an extended crows foot, then your 75 ft/lbs at the head of the torque wrench is going to be multiplied by the length of your extension...but I don't see that as realistic, because I've never seen such an extension, nor do I know what you would use it for!

THERE IS SUCH AN ANIMAL ITS ACTUALLY AN EXTENDED CROWS FOOT MADE TO EXTEND THE TORQUE WRENCH INTO TIGHT SPACES WHERE THE BIG HEAD OF THE TW WONT REACH LIKE SEVERAL INTAKE MANIFOLD BOLTS ON CERTAIN ENGINES/INTAKES.NOW IF I CRANKED A CERTAIN AMT OF TORQUE AT THE END OF THE LEVER ON MY END TO WHERE I GOT A 100 LBS READING ON THE TW THAT IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS LEVER & IF I HAD A LONGER LEVER ON MY END IT WOULD TAKE LESS EFFORT THE LONGER THE LEVER(THE LEVERAGE PRICIPLE) TO GET TO THAT 100LB READING ON THE TW(IN THE MIDDLE) BUT ONCE THERE(AT THAT EXACT POINT) WOULDN'T THE AMOUNT OF BENDING FORCE(torque)BE THE SAME ALL ALONG THE LENGTH OF THE LEVER FROM ONE END TO THE OTHER FROM MY END TO THE END OF THE CROWS FOOT?. I GOTTA KNOW ON THIS BOTH FOR MY KNOWLEDGE & I WILL BE SEEING THIS PROFESSOR AGAIN SOON

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth