Keep in mind that these are ratings you are basing this decision on... ratings that really dont mean much. The 76 Caddy 500 was rated around 200HP as well... it made around 300 in reality. Net vs gross, you've seen these arguments before i'm sure.

My Charger now has a running 440 pulled from an original 76 C-body. Aside from a cam swap somewhere along the line (VERY mild, but non-stock, you can only hear it sorta/almost lope when its really cold) its bone stock. Put in the same car with the same bolt-ons, it makes more power than both the 70 440 i got the car with, and the 67 440 i swapped in later. It makes a LOT more power than the 70 did, and i haven't even tuned it to the same degree as the previous two yet.

Really, unless its a 70 or earlier 440, its a smogged-out VERY low compression engine. They're all pretty much the same, if we're talking about the long block... unless for some insane reason you're installing it with all the 76 C-body crap... emissions. lean burn, single exhaust, etc.

Personally, I would use the 413 though, its got some closed chamber heads and a steel crank that'll come in handy if you rebuild it later, that and from what i've seen the older engines just dont come as gummed up as the later smog engines for just drop in and go type swaps. Emissions crpa on old engines in my opinion was such a complete and utter failure... you had a 440 built in 69 that burned a bit worse, but moved the car, compared to a 440 built in 78 that supposedly burned a little cleaner, yet required twice the throttle to move the car... Hmmm...

Find out how the 440 was rebuilt first... maybe you'll get lucky and the guy that did it actually knew what he was doing...???