Quote:

Gary .You use Avery vinyl {correct } what mil ?How does it last and workability wise compare to a 3m product ?/

Yes, I mainly use Avery A6 material. The matte black I use is 3 mil calendared material - It is the closest I have found to the "original" stuff. It is rated for 7 years of outdoor use. If there is a special color you need and conformability is truly an issue, I'd recommend upgrading to the A9 Cast material which is thinner and more pliable and also a bit more expensive (although the matte black has a slightly different sheen & texture than the original stuff) The thing to remember is that 3M also makes several grades of material, so just because someone is selling a stripe made with 3M material, it does not necessarily mean it is a better material. I have used Avery products for about 10 years now and have never had a single complaint from a customer about it. Matter of fact, now that I am back in south Florida, I am seeing several vehicles that I did well before I moved away 5 years ago and they still look great.

I also premask all of my kits using something called R-Tape Conform. It is a latex/rubber based transfer tape that allows you to work the material onto the vehicle better than traditional paper based transfer tapes.