Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WOW--- Almost 2K for just the manifold????

I saw that reaction coming as soon as I read your first post.

Ya, I was thinking closer to $1300 or so, but I will have to bite the bullet as I want the look!

Dave

I've seen OE intakes from $800-$1500. Take your time and shop around. Look for the Stage I intakes, they're the cheapest.

Also, most of the maxie repro. parts come from Norm Brady @ Crossram Connection.

I'm no expert on Maxie's, but is the O.P. Talking about Eddy RPM heads? If so, the port sizes won't match an O.E. Maxie cross-ram, will they? Not to mention, if you are really going for the Maxie look, modern budget aluminum heads don't really jive, do they?

Also, we're talking about high-dollar reproduction stuff here to get the full Maxie vibe, but the car in the O.P. Is a convertable, isn't it (???). Don't mean to be a buzz-kill, but I'm having a tough time following this thread without shaking my head a little.... Maybe just me? Flog me if needed.

Your not killing my buzz. Im not trying to make a period correct perfect Max wedge car. This car if I build it, will just be the way I wnat it and probably the last car I ever do. I just wanted the crossram look for the engine bay.

I pick it up this saturday and will know more then as what I wanted was to build a balck car with red interior and I actually was looking for a HT or post car. But this is what I found and the wife likes verts. So I wanted that engine bay look. And I have that done motor but once again I am in the quandry of the fact that the car according to many should get done back to original and thats not what I wanted. A mopar moral compass moment.

In any case I thank everyone for the prices and I will wait and see what the future brings.

Dave