Quote:

I,m trying to keep a friend from putting a SBC in a 50 Plym. Anybody out there done this.I'm not a Street Rod guy and he's asking me stuff I don't know.Any help would be appreciated. Stuff like oil pan,pulleys.Is there room in front to run a serpintine setup like say out of a 92 Dak? Trans options etc.
Thanks

Lots of info here and on the HAMB.
92 dakota is exactly what I put into a 40 Plymouth.
Serp belt can be used, but doesn't leave much room for a fan. I removed the P/S pump and used a shorter belt with one less rib.
Pan from a truck (Dakota) is what you want.
Various places sell the 'universal' mounts that are similar to the chevy front mounts so that's just a matter of finding a supplier, same effort as a SBC to install.
Exhaust will be a fab job. I removed the Dakota manifolds and put on A body manifolds. This leaves the EGR tube that used to bolt to the top back of the Dak manifold open. Had to have the exhaust guy add an adapter pipe that came up from the head pipe.
I also grabbed all the wiring and computer. Haven't finished this yet.
Last, he's going to have to feed the EFI. It would be a the same effort as a chevy, so he will have to get a custom tank, adapt one or figure out how to get the stock one to feed the injectors. Swapping to carb will avoid this.
Take a look at this guy's efforts...
http://shadowmtkustomz.blogspot.com/