Quote:

Yes, the observations that the 6 pack is pricier is true. OTOH, the whole "you'll make more power with a 4bbl" thing; maybe, maybe not...it all depends on the motor, which aftermarket manifold and what you mean by "more power".

Read the first article I linked, I really like it because the tests were done at around 450hp which is very realistic for alot of enthusiasts. This is the only comprehensive dyno test of the various mopar manifolds that I'm aware of. My only gripe is that they didn't test a stock cast iron 4bbl intake and carb.

For those who can't be bothered to read it;

Offy dual port - 412hp/436ft lbs
offy dual quad - 425/431
Edelbrock performer - 439/455
Weiand Team G - 442/437
Weiand Action Plus - 442/452
Eddy DP4B - 445/456
Mopar 6 Pack - 450/459
Eddy Performer RPM - 451/457
Eddy TM6 - 452/449
Weiand Tunnel Ram - 453/455
Holley Street Dominator - 455/449
Mopar M1 and Eddy Victor - 456/449
Edelbrock Torker - 457/456

...As you can see the 6 pack (on this setup, anyway) is within 7hp of the best aftermarket setup tested but has the highest peak torque of all of them. 3 of them give up 10 ft lbs to get 2-6 hp more which is no win. The tunnel ram; well, it's a tunnel ram and few people want to have thier carbs sticking through thier hood so that leaves the torker and the RPM as the only real equals.......not bad considering the 6 Pack is a stock setup.

Dave

At this power level, IMO the DP4B is the better choice than the RPM. The rpm gives up a small amount of torq down low because it's ports are needlessly large for a a guy running stock/unported or only mildly touched up stock heads. The DP4B looks like a stock intake and only gives up 5hp at peak rpm to the RPM intake but makes more down low. You're always looking for the bottleneck, and so long as you run stock heads, any 1/2 decent aftermarket intake is NOT where the flow bottleneck is. At least with the DP (ch4b if you're doing a 440) you don't have the hood clearance issues, etc.