Quote:

Quote:

If someone Dbl bulbs me they are gonna be sitting there for a loooooooong time.

Not to worry with our group. You double bulb your opponent, you go home. That is made very clear at the drivers meeting. No exceptions. Once you are both pre-staged, your on the timer with the stage light - 7 seconds. Everyone knows exactly what to expect. I think it's one of the reasons why the RT's are so good - and consistant ( except for mine of course )

that is incorrect at least around here. One racer must be STAGED in order to activate the 7sec countdown. What they will do around here is wait till you prestage, then they jump in light both bulbs then back out, your timer is on at that point.

I LOVE playing starting line games. It's as much fun as the race, remember this is a GAME. Like bluffing in poker.
Although I usually lose after a burndown I have been in my share. In fact, I chose to get in one at Nitro Jam. Had a very good SuperGas racer in 1st round, he is also a friend. I had run 9.900 on my last tt but felt I needed an advantage to beat him. As we both sat there I could see him talking with his crewcheif (headsets) about what to do. Neither of us were moving then he went in about 2" and stopped. I never moved. Being a National event I started to think they might get pizzed at us so I went in. He had decided the same thing but I lit first and this threw him off as he likes to stage last. -.006 on his side, good thing too cause I missed the tree. Ironically neither of us saw the redlite and raced to the finish. He was about 10' in front of me so I dumped scrubbing 7mph, ran 9.897 to his 9.91 but had already won!