I have no idea how one will fit my car either. The people who usually say "you're stupid for not having one", "they are cheap insurance", blah,blah,blah are those with chassis cars, dragsters or rack and pinion steering. If NHRA is going to mandate me to have one they should provide me with a vendor/part number for the diaper that will fit my car. They want me to have it, tell me where to get it. They can't do that for my car or many others because it just isn't possible. I had a track owner who is a racer tell me he doesn't want them to be mandatory but NHRA is ramming it down their throats. He said the "mandatory in 2012" is another trial balloon by NHRA to see what kind of reaction they are going to get. His suggestion was for everyone to contact their NHRA Divisional office and complain and it may help. Don't get me wrong, I want to be safe when I race but some things just can't be done.

Quote:

Mopar car count will be down.....thats about it. Mopar guys are the only ones I am really getting any backlash from on this.

That's because all the other cars don't have a draglink going through there oil pan.Four or five years ago when NHRA thought about mandating diapers for Superstock & Stock the Hemi guys on the west coast petitioned NHRA about letting them put a rack on the cars so they could fit a diaper on the motor without the draglink issue.They were denied and soon after the diaper mandate was dropped.I had an NHRA chassis cert guy look under my car to see for himself,he came out from under the car shaking his head.Between the headers being next to the motor and the drag link issue some cars its virtually impossible.

Jody Aberts 1966 Fairlane 427 Troublemaker2 AA/NSS 1964 Galaxie 500XL 390-4spd. 1966 F-100 390-C6 1967 Plymouth VIP 383-TF 2003 Roadking