Quote:

Quote:

when I got mine for 69 gtx. give all details including it have dana. but sent drive shaft for 8 3/4 call no response. so had it shortend took the bill to carlisle to sheff himself he agreed to pay half. then thay came out whit a new shift brack to Improve shifing.would fit had make a braket made litle difference. long storty short it now has the 4 speed back in the car.

That's odd Bill?, Keisler relies on the customer calling in the driveshaft deminsions as outlined in the instruction manual, regardless of the vehicle, that's why the driveshaft is never shipped with a kit,...it's unfortunate you didn't get your car equipped with the Keisler,....you don't know what your missing

First of all, I would like to say that I have been very happy with my TKO and believe that it's one of the best upgrades I've made for my Cuda. In the 7 years I’ve had it in, I’ve probably saved enough in fuel costs by having overdrive to have paid for the upgrade, and also saved quite a bit of wear and tear by being able to cruise at 2200 RPM on the highway rather than the 3200 RPM that I was at with a 4 speed.

However...

After dialing in my bellhousing, installing the transmission, measuring for driveshaft length, and getting that information to Kiesler, I was told that I would be receiving my driveshaft in a short time - a week or two at most. I waited about a month and called them to find out what the holdup was, and was told they normally get the driveshafts out a few days after getting the information, so they didn't know why it was taking so long, and that they would look into it and get back to me. A couple weeks later, after not hearing from them, I call again, and was told they use an outside vendor for their driveshafts, and they weren't sure what the holdup was. They said they would look into it and get back to me. I couple more weeks go by, and again, I hadn't heard from them, so I call again, and was told that the driveshaft was being built and should arrive soon. A few weeks later, my driveshaft finally comes. I unbox it, and find that they have 3260 yokes on both ends of the driveshaft, with 3260 to 3290 conversion u joints on both ends. I called them to let them know that was not right. They were very good about taking that driveshaft back and getting me a 'proper' driveshaft - I believe they even sent me a shipping label so I didn't have to pay to ship it back. But, it was another month before I got the correct driveshaft, so all told, it was at least 3 months that my car sat in my garage ready to go, except without a driveshaft. I realize they use an outside vendor to make their driveshafts, but I could have had a driveshaft made at any number of vendors in my area in a matter of a few days, so it was very frustrating to wait like that during the short summer driving season we have here in Minnesota.

So yes, they do have some problems communicating with customers (or at least they did back in 2003-2004 when this was happening). But, I was always able to get someone on the phone when I called, and they did make things right for me. Will I work with them again in the future? Absolutely!

1974 'Cuda 360/TKO 1990 Ram Van 1998 Neon