Tis the busy season... lot's of engines going out the door. Had 4 on the pump this week..... Some interesting results...

I'll just do a post in Chronological order...

Monday, ran this one.....

408, .030" over 1996 360 Magnum
9.5:1 Ross dish piston
SCAT 6.123 I beams
4" K1 crank
Racer Brown 230 @ .050" .510" Hyd roller 112 LSA.
Engine Quest Magnum heads, 1.92"/1.625" valves
MP Dual plane
650 Demon Vac Sec carb
Mechanical water pump

This one was built by another shop in another state, had severe oil consumption issues & owner shipped in to determine issues & just fix/freshen. Oil issues just turned out to be improper hone job/cyl wall finish.

We just honed it, put new set of rings/bearings in, did a valve job on heads, hand bended VJ in, back cut the intake valves.... Motor had stock rods in it & I talked customer into a set of SCAT's in case he wanted to upgrade intake manifold etc. in future & make little more power.

Motor made 423HP on another dyno when it was built previously by the other shop & really was not power tuned, just was installed & ran with carb out of box. We did'nt do too much, just played with timing, did have to jet the carb down a bit, & tried a 1" HVH spacer on it & was able to coax 442 out of it.... The MP intake is just a bad bad piece, not only from power standpoint, but the EGT spread was ridiculous. It does make low end TQ down in the 3000 RPM's & is a good piece for hood clearance I guess... but I would be replacing it if it was mine, just due to how uneven the fuel distribution is.

Anyhow... here's a link to vid of it & copy of the dyno sheet...

Nothing too special, would make good motor for a truck, or real heavy vehicle. Is going in a real high geared (2.94:1) Dodge Diplomat cruiser so... should work good for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uwpbLZOs30

6455414-100_2667.JPG (207 downloads)