A point to consider, if these pistons have an .017 top ring, then they are more than likely a blown alky piston. The old NASCAR, Pro Stock and most custom N/A pistons used the .031 dykes which were available in double moly versions. I've only seen the .017 in stainless and tool steel but a moly version may be available. The blower piston has a full skirt which would lend itself well to street use and there is enough meat in the dome to lathe it down to get whatever compression you wanted and still have a decent piston crown. Yes, the dykes is not the optimum for street use but unless you're building a 100,000 mile engine, you can definitely get a couple of years of use out of them, depending on whether your customer wants the build for occasional use or a daily driver. The costs of sending the pistons back to Venolia to have the lands recut would probably be more than the increased cost of the rings, and unless things have changed drastically, their customer service for jobs like this is in the "zip" "nada" range. Just my personal experience, I'm sure others speak glowingly of them......

Ronny
6.789 @ 198.63 **.956 Brand New 60'***
4.17@ 169 1/8th mile
John 14:6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUku_hjYRh8