Quote:

Quote:

I still have the original charcoal canister on my 73 Duster, with the one hose coming up from the tank still attached to it. Id like to remove it, to clean up the engine compartment (no smog needed). Can I cap the line coming up for the tank, or should it still be left open for venting?

I am also thinking of running a fuel vapor return line, by purchasing a filter with a return orface and running a line back to the tank. Can I run the return line into the existing tubing coming up from the tank to the charcoal canister? What else would need to be done?

Use the vapor line that goes to the charcoal canister for your return line. I have done it and it works great on my 74 and hope everyone knows by now I have driven that car all over the US in some of the hottest conditions in the US. Do it, it works. I use a stock fuel pump with a stock hemi/440-6 vapor separator that bolts to the fuel pump and it has a return. Killer setup that works.

If you don't use the line as a return, then I would vent it into the valve cover breather, don't cap it. Don't change anything in the rear.

74 A body or E body? I am not sure if my Duster has a vapor separator near the tank. I dont believe there is.

2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab: 5.7, 65RFE, 4.56 gears with locker, Hemifever tuned, AFE intake, 87mm throttle body, JBA headers, 3" Flowmaster exhaust, split to dual 2.5" exits. 13.57 best ET so far.

Searching for new A or B Body Project!