Let me start out saying I have no 1st hand experience with your combo, but speaking from general terms, I can see where lifting the engine and trans will put a bind on the throttle linkage. Is the trans issue related to a throttle kick down, or is the issue with gear selection? That has a cable gear shift, if that is correct, I suspect the problem lays in a mechanical throttle linkage binding.

Does the trans linkage contact the body before is can reach full travel?

Does the throttle linkage bind on the motor before reaching full travel? Does the throttle work without binding if the trans linkage is disconnected?

Either one or both linkages can be binding, it would be best to work on each one individually. The factory just didn't allow enough clearance for 2" of movement, you are going to have to grow things that 2" to get everything back in the correct relationship without contacting something. An aftermarket setup might work, but they too have to be messed with to get to work properly, they seldom just "work" right out of the package.

You will also have to deal with an adapter to bolt that 500 Holley onto your 241 and you will need to adapt the throttle linkage to it as well. If you want to move forward with the 500, might as well install it and the needed adapter before you mess with any linkage, or you will have to do it again.

As for the choke, I've wrapped the correct diameter copper tube around one header tube (2 wraps all the way around) and connect that to the carb. It works pretty well. Gene