Quote:

Quote:

Like others have said, that will be a fun scooter on the street! (I don't mean to sound critical) Your car, build it however you wish....But, this is nagging me, so I gotta say it.....you powder coated the tire jack and the gas filler tube, but you rattle-canned the crowning jewel of the engine, the tunnel ram. Again, I don't mean to be critical. Overall, it really is a neat car. Any idea on how much it weighs?

Dave, you're absolutely right on that call and plans are to dress it up once all the little bs items are sorted out....

As far as weight....NHRA lists the curb weight @ 2784# for a 1964 100 post car w/273 4-speed pretty light...mines pretty gutted as well, but does have an 8.75.....I'm thinking under 3,000#'s for sure

Rickster

If/when you do powder coat the tunnel ram, you may want to smooth out the roughness in the noticeable areas with sandpaper or other media. To take it a step further, fire up the tig welder and fill in those larger pits with aluminum.` This is just the show poodle builder in me coming out here.

Gone to the dark side with an LS3 powered '57 Chevy 210