I'm not a fan of rons stuff my self. I have found the jets to be sized incorrectly, chamfers rough or not there at all and their pumps inconsistent thru the RPM range. Also make sure your jets ARE the size they are stamped or you could have made a change in your thinking yet the car did not change because the jet was sized wrong.
Don't get all caught up on heat when the car is at idle. the idle mixture is a direct effect of your barrel valve adjustment nothing more. If you don't have accses to a chassis dyno and a flow meter Jet the car for full throttle highest MPH then when thats done make your barrel valve adjustment to get your throttle response. the fatter you make the barrel valve adjustment the cooler it will run when your foot is off the pedal and the leaner will be hotter and less responsive. try and find a happy medium between throttle response and heat. As for the timing keep the plugs around .030 and keep putting timing in it till it slows down, every head chamber reacts different to timing so you just have to try.
Did you get your tune-up right before putting the high speed to work?
A couple of hours on a chassis dyno with a flow meter will not only get you in the right place but will show you how different adjustments react.

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154