Quote:

Ryan..you don't need a spool! I've never ran one with my 440 GTX,and you know how that runs at the track..and on the street! My friend Bill,who owns Warren Gear and Axle,set mine up about 3 yrs. ago..still in one piece! And I don't BABY my drivetrains! My carrier is an old style from the early 60's with a clutch-plate type set-up. LOVE it! I run a 4:56 Richmond gear with 30" tall slicks..and street tires. My engine makes peak power at 6,000 rpm..through 1/4 traps at 6500-6600rpm..right where I want to be, 10% over peak! I think if you run a 27" tall tire,a 4:30 might be a little steep for the street! I've got a "spare" 489 case 4:10 gear,also set up by Bill,sitting in my pole barn..but I need to hang onto it..JUST IN CASE! If I were you,I'd give Bill a call..just don't mention my name..he might charge ya' double! ...J/K! He's a GREAT guy..and knows what the heck he's doing! My GTX is proof of that! Best of Luck on whatever you decide! Let me know what that is! Thanks! Randy

Wow, it really is a small world. Bill is a friend of mine as well. Went with Bill, Derick (goes by Dericks here)to the St.Ignace meet. Derick drove his Duster and I drove the GTX there, no trailers

Anyway, Bill's a good guy and does good work. He's set up LOTS of rears in his day and will treat you right.

'65 Belvedere
'68 GTX
'57 Dodge pickup