Quote:

A friend is making brackets for my sebring convertible seat retrofit as we speak. At this time I am going to replace the carpet and use sound deadener. I got enough Ram Audio Raamat (butyl based sound deadener peel and stick, will use with their ensolite foam pad also) I already have this stuff on hand.

I really want the car to be quiet and I was thinking of using lizard skin with the peel/stick over it. I don't doubt that lizard skin is a good product, but a bit steep in price and since I have no spray equipment, i'd have to buy a gun too.
I read this about a possible alternative, mixing ceramic microshpheres to exterior latex paint..but I was thinking of mixing them with something else like the Henry's elastomeric roofing compound or maybe rustoleum and roller/brush it on

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/alternative-lizard-skin-103610.html

rolling/brushing it would save work masking and such since the car is not being completely torn down.

Any opinions? If it's totally a crackpot idea, by all means let me know

We had a couple of Henry's reps at work a few weeks ago for a demo and training session on all their products. Very cool stuff. We had horizontal and vertical mockups and they applied several different products. The next day the waterblock (latex based) was a solid sheet of rubber that could not be peeled off. I doubt you'd be able to roll it on very well, they used a trowel to achieve an 80 mil thickness. I wouldn't hesitate to use it myself if it wasn't so heavy. A 5 gal. bucket weighs about 40 pounds. The other thing I found interesting is their claim that their sheet based Products achieve 3000 percent better adhesion when rolled with a J roller as apposed to just pressing them on by hand,actually voids the warranty if not rolled (the claim they can tell just by looking)They acually left a palletload of stuff behind when thet were done, been trying to think of creative uses for it myself..