New updates. I was busy with getting my 69 RR ready to sell and playing with my 71 Duster 340, so I took a little break from the AMX.

I got the interior finished and all put back together.

I made sure all my wiring was correct under the hood and I got it ready to start.

I had to battle a few things trying to get it to run.
First was the fuel line and tank. Found a pinched hose going from the tank to the line, I replaced that. Still wasn't getting much fuel and what I was getting wasn't pretty. I decided to drop the tank and having it flushed out. So I hooked up a gas can and electric pump I had laying around, fuel supply system solved.
Second was the ignition system. Long story short I had two problems, a bad capacitor and it wouldn't run with the factory tach wires hooked up It took the better part of the day figuring it all out. But by yesterday afternoon I had it ready to go today.
I got it fired up and broke the cam in today All went well. I had to siphon the gas up twice to get the pump working, and can still taste it...blahh. I was amazed at the amount of birdseed and crap that blew out of the taiilpipes thanks to the mice that lived in the car
Next up will be and oil change, re install the tank, figuring out the wiring thats not working and then road test time!

6607275-AMXBRKN.JPG (121 downloads)