Looking for any new or good tips on blending in spots on an original paint car. I just bought a super bee that has original f6 green paint on it and want to the best ways on getting the paint to match and blend together so I can keep a majority of the original paint.
I already patched the rusty spots on the front fenders and did a little body work to the areas where I patched. I then used a little filler primer, blocked, sealed it in a light grey sealer, then painted with urathane, sanded with 1500 grit to get rid of any edges in the two f6 paints then buffed it back out. It looks alright but my touch up paint is slightly lighter. A darker sealer may of made the difference and made it right on. Also when I paint these sections out that I've done work to I peel the tape up slightly on the edge so the newly sprayed touch up paint wont leave such a sharp line and it's alot easier to blend the two together.
I now have to replace some section on the bottom of the rear quarters and was wondering how other people blend in section on there cars. Any good tips that I may not be aware of.