Quote:

Why would you run an X-pipe and cutouts? Seems to me if you're running an X pipe, you are investing the $ into a quality exhaust system, seems kind of a waste of $/effort to install cutouts on a well-done exhaust system. Now if you have a crappy cheapo exhaust system with crummy mufflers, there the cutouts would be worthwhile and actually do something.

The "x" pipe is great because it scavenges exhaust gases better, thus the increase over h-pipes, and straight pipes.
In my specific case, this set up would allow me to run a more street friendly muffler (ie not as agressive/free flowing as what I usually run) and tails and STILL have the option, at the flip of a switch, to open up and have the free flowing advantage at the track, or for fun on the street.

That is the beauty of it to me. It is actually a decent priced kit considering it is stainless and pre-fabbed. My prior x-pipe was a cut/build to suit. Really just a matter of personal preference, having a nice exhaust system that can be wide open at the flip of a switch is just icing on the cake

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars & Lone Star Mopars Amarillo Area Mopars Lone Star Mopars Chryslers in the Canyon: All Mopar Event!