Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As I said in the A vs. E, my all metal, smallblock, 727, full interior '73 Duster weighs almost exactly the same as my husband's all metal, smallblock, 727, full interior '72 Challenger. Both weighed on the same certified scale. 3,300 pounds for my Duster, 3,340 pounds for his Challenger.

Earlier A-bodies are lighter. My '73 has the big chrome bumpers and reinforced doors.

i find this so hard to believe. i have done a my share of weight removal and cant come close to 3340. i just dont think that can be correct. even if i wasnt in my car it would still be heavier than that

Nobody believes it. I can scan the weight sheets from both to prove it though. The scale was certified and used for both cars. I'll warm up the scanner later.

Funny thing is, I guessed the weight of the Challenger almost down to the last pound BEFORE we had it weighed. It felt the same weight pushing it in and out of the garage as my Duster did while building it.

me, Chip's cuda (which is shorter and has an aluminum motor), Brad H, Tig are all missing your mark by at least 300 lbs.

mine has race seats, emerg brake gone, alum heads, intake & water pump, fiberglass hood and bumpers, cut up bumper brackets, light weight brakes and aluminum wheels

Last edited by sixpackgut; 12/20/10 03:01 PM.

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs