I decided to make the switch from a snubber to the Calvert traction bars and single leaf springs on my 79 Cordoba. For anyone wanting to do this on a late B body, this is what you will have to do; For starters, I was running HD 3800 lb 5 leaf springs ( 22" front section ) with the front section clamped together plus a pinion snubber on my 9 1/4 axle. First problem you will run in to is the front spring eye bolt on the Calvert single leaf spring ( aluminum bushed ) is 5/8". Late B is 9/16" bolt. No big deal to drill out the front spring mount. Next problem is the ISO mounted spring system ( spring sandwithed in rubber isolators ). I originally tried to save the original ISO perches by strengthening them and resizing the spring locator hole to the 1/2" pin in the single leafs verses the 1 5/8" hole originally in them for the top rubber isolator. Don't bother, as you will find the diff to driveshaft angle to be about 11 degrees. I thought it would be close to my original set up ( 3.5 degrees), but it wasn't. I am attributing this change was caused by going from multi leaf to single leaf springs.?? At any rate, I ended up torching everything off and welding on a new set of spring perches from Calvert. BTW, they make the best I've seen. Next and last problem I ran in to was the lower spring clamp shock mounts. Earily B's had eyes on both ends of the shocks. Late B's use bayonet style mounts on the lowers. Make sure you specify or they will automatically send you the mounts for the earily B style shocks ( knee jerk reaction ). Weight savings = 32# - total. You have 3 choices of single leaf springs. Stock ride height, +1", -1". I opted for stock. Car sits 1/2" higher than old set up. It'll probably settle that much. Hope this helps anyone planning to make this switch. Won't be able to get out to the track again till after the holidays to see if there is any improvement.

Fastest 300