And I'll say it again, YOU"RE LUCKY YA"LL AIN"T DEAD !!!! I look @ you guys running Fuel in a chassis that looks like you guys robbed a plumbing supply yard to build. Sitting on top of rear diffs with no sort of shield. I have to wear more saftey gear in my Super Stocker than you guys wore racing fuel dragsters. I look pictures of Chris3 and all those guys from back in the day racing in t-shirts and polyester bell bottoms ( oh yes i know where i can find some pics of Chris3 @ Rockingham abut the time ya'll are discussing ) and even Dick Landy snatching gears with a foot long stogey hanging out of his mouth.
I do wish that someone would set down and record as many of these old stories as possible for the generations to come. We have already lost so many of the legends and the stories that they took with them that will never be told again, these are wonderful stories of times when pro drivers travled on open trailers, sleeping in the trucks and racing 6 nights a week in 5 diffrent states. The sport has evolved so much that if theses stories aren't saved by time my son gets old enough to enjoy them they'll be long gone.

Chris

6363020-RACECARS131.jpg (35 downloads)