Quote:

Quote:

OK, Thanks Ryan..I guess another case of overpriced/bad QC from MP. Looks like the Eddies are the best bang for the buck. I dont mind paying extra if the product deserves it...guess theres just no hope for the Commando head, it loses on all accounts.

OK, here is something else I need opinions on. Since i cant use the Commando head, I am planning to go with a 5.7 magnum motor, is this the way to go? I like that its a roller cam motor and I understand the heads are better. Are there any other advantages over the old LA motor??

5.7 is a hemi...do you mean a 5.2 (318) or 5.9 (360) magnum?

no disadvantages to the magnum over the LA other than you may have to mod you alternator bracket, and unless you redrill the heads to LA pattern, there's limited choices for intakes.

another advantage, since they use pedestal or stud mount rockers, aftermarket roller rockers are cheaper.

if looking at aftermarket aluminum heads, I've heard OOTB the eddie magnums are better flow wise than the LA eddies, plus they have a smaller chamber for more compression.

Meant to say 5.9, my bad. Wonder if I should go with the new magnum type motor after reading your comments in the "magnum is in" thread. Do guys use these motors that much in older muscle cars? I need to get me some books on small blocks...always beem a big block guy!