Quote:

Quote:

"what are the plans for the car? how much power do you want to make? what kind of mileage are you hoping for?"

since I want it for highway use, I'd like a motor that has the power down lower..so prob a stroked 318 or 360 would be best(?). I'd like milege to be reasonable, at least 15 mpg.
Thanks for the info on the magnum roller motor I hadnt considered the newer small blocks...but that makes sense.

again, how much power do you want to make? a well thought out, mildish, stock strole 318 should have no problem making 350-380 lb-ft, and 330-350 hp, and a similarly built 360 make 350-370hp and 400-430 lb ft....

Patrick, not wanting to be vague on the horsepower..just want as much HP as possible and keep it dependable and highway friendly. The 430 lbs of torque sounds good...so maybe I dont even need a stroker(?). I think 370 HP sounds good too, but would'nt a 408 make more TQ and at a lower RPM? Being able to cruise is important, I figure a stock ratio rear end of 3.23 or so, so that limits my cam. The car will probably see the drag strip on occasion, too, but uinless I put an OD trans in it, the rear ratio will have to stay stock. An OD would be nice tho, then I would run like a 3.90 ratio.