I have tried many of the mopar grinds in both street and race cars. I often think that I want to add more cam to my street car,...then I take it for a ride and wonder why that crazy thought even entered my head.

It is just a very sweet, forgiving, torquey cam, with a very nice idle that has just enough of a lopey chop.

This same cam has been in 4 different 440 motors with me. I have had compression as low as 8, and as high as 11:1, stock converter to 3500 stall, dual plane, single plane, headers, stock exhaust manifolds, stock iron heads to aluminum eddys, etc.

It always puts a smile on my face, and most prople think there is something much wilder as a cam in the motor.

I am never done with tuning an engine. The last outing at the track netted 12.2 at 111.9 at almost 4,000 lbs. That was with a factory 2400 high stall and too much gear (4.10). A 3.50 to 3.90 would be perfect, but a 3.23 makes it a joy to drive anywhere, (and still run a solid mid 12 driving to and from the track). This motor is only 9.3:1, has ootb eddy heads, tti headers, full exhaust, 750 hp dp carb.

Bonus: runs on 87 octane and if you can keep your foot out of it, the fuel economy is surprisingly good for a big block. 15 mpg at highway speeds with a 3.23/ 275 60 15 tire.

Last edited by racealittle; 11/30/10 11:03 AM.

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!