Quote:

Thanks guys. As johnRR guessed, this is going in my Superbee clone and it is a factory 383 n code car. I really had my heart set on the 451. The crank will need work as john also suggested. The headers are a different design from the b units and TTi says they won't fit. All are good points. I'm leaning toward selling those beautiful pipes and buying a new pair for the b engine.

There's an article on www.bigblockdart.com & its in their tech section about installing Hedman 1 7/8" B body headers in an A body. I built a 451 w/ 440 Source kit, Eddy heads, etc for my 68 383 Formula S & bought a set of TTI 1 3/4" 383 A body headers & whatta joke. They put 1/2"-1" deep dimples in the tubes to clear the spark plugs & imo that compromises the already small tubes. For 451 cubes, I'd try the Headman 1 7/8" B body pipes.
Being you already have the storker crank, I'd build a sleeper 451 for your 383 car. If you have to go w/ a different stroker crank, you may consider the 470" low deck build. Either way, best of luck in your project.