This may be useless info, but I recently installed a complete SSBC 11" front disc setup on my 64 Polara, including mc. I couldn't get the brakes to lock even on gravel, so I called SSBC's support line. I figured with 11" rotors and 4 piston calipers, the brakes should stand me on my nose, but the tech guy said they were designed like the original Kelsey-Hayes units Mopar used in the early 70's and were designed NOT to lock. I told him if I had known that I wouldn't have bought them. My buddy installed a 4-wheel Wilwood system on his 61 Falcon and Wilwood's tech support told him the same thing... his wouldn't lock either. I believe the thinking behind these designs is to make them anti-lock like new cars, but personally I don't like the control being taken out of my hands. My brakes stop the car ok, but not much better than the drums did, and the one time I got caught in the rain, they locked easily when I stepped on them with the same pressure I used normally. This sure seems like a poor design to me, but I'm not the best with brakes. I even bled mine with a power bleeder, but they're still mushy and I get NO air out during bleeding.

Jeff Adams 64 426 Polara