Quote:

Do all 318 poly's mount the same as the 277?

You can even use those old poly mounts to bolt in an LA engine. I had to space the driver's side one to put the 360 in my 56, but that was the only hangup.

Quote:

I'm assuming truck pan is different than car pan, could I use my 277 pan? Is truck trans different mounting points than a car trans?

If you can't use your car pan, there are still plenty of Poly 318 car pans out there, and IIRC, the LA318 pan bolts to the Poly 318 pan with no issues, so that wouldn't even slow me down.

Quote:

In the end I'd like a 318 poly with a push button torqueflite and a trans mounted parking brake. If no trans parking brake, than a push button and I'd swap to a 8 3/4 rear.

I'd ditch the original rear for the 8¾ anyways. The E-body unit is the closest dimensionally. Move the perches and Voila! That's what I did in my 56. I had the pleasure of being able to go 833 (mine was a 3-on-the-tree to start with, so I had pedals) so the trans issue wasn't an issue for me. However, (similar to you) I have that dilemma on my Dad's 56. He'd like to retain the pushbuttons, but go with a later Torqueflite. We're trying to figure out what we mat be able to adapt, while still appearing basically stock, to get 3 speeds AND the Park option that was non-existent in the 2-speeds. I had thought about an electric setup tucked in behind the buttons, gutting all the cable stuff, but that might be a tad beyond me!

2 Demons...no, not my kids!