Of course, when you have your own crank ground, you'll diminish the likelihood of finding out that you'll have to get new bearings with a WIDER #3, as well as smaller diameter (had a taper issue corrected) because the thrust surfaces are OUT OF SPEC!

Makes for a pretty expensive 'budget' installation... the first set of bearings got started with the knife going for clearance (then found out there was .0015" taper starting from the edge of the oil hole), and a second set .010" under with .010" wider thrust.

The best part: I started mocking up the rods a week or so ago, and found that there's .021" (yup, .004" over the factory maximum spec) of side-clearance on the first set of rods I checked - and that's with the edges of the bearings rubbing on the crank radius. Wonder if the rods will be able to move farther apart after I chamfer the bearings?

Not trying to tell anyone not to buy the chinese stuff, but just want to throw a 'heads up' out there that these parts that are s'posed to be "drop in" don't always work out that way.

-bill

Seduce the attractive, and charm the rest. ****** 489 C.I.D., roller cam, aftermarket heads, tunnel ram, stock '54 Dodge rear axle assembly: which of these doesn't belong?