I just picked up a cheap raceweight 6 pack hood for my Dusterand need some advice. I needed some hood clearence for running a taller intake and air cleaner and got a good deal on the hood, its a pin on using zdus fasteners and is a thin race weight hood from MAS. I'm looking into adding some extra reinforcement to the underside to stiffin it up. I was thinking about using the smallest aluminum square stock bent to the shape of the stock hood and making a square frame and fiberglassing it to the underside then adding an extra layer or 2 of fiberglass to the entire underside of the hood and scoop. Sound like a good idea or is there a better way?

Also the the back corners of the hood where it meets the corner of the cowl and fender are a little rounded off, not pointed like the factory, is there a good way to add some material to the corners to make it fit better? Is this posible and how would I go about adding to the edge of the hood?

Any advice would be greatly appriciated. I really havent done much fiberglass work but I pride myself on learing and doing new things, love the challenge and it always comes out great once I do some reserch and dive in . Any fiberglass experts out there that can share some tips on this project? Thanks

Butch

1972 Duster 318 4 speed 1958 392 Hemi engine waiting to be built!!!!!