If it was my motor I would use the EQ heads you mentioned. Just spend 5 minutes in each port smoothing down rough spots and transition areas, use the GM 3100V6 springs. Get an eddy airgap intake. Use the KB107 pistons in as small of an overbore as your block will clean up. Zero deck them and use the felpro .039 thick head gasket. I would get the SCAT I beam rods, you would amost spend as much resizeing and buying ARP bolts for yours. The comp 280 magnum cam is mild enough for every day driving and works great with magnum heads. Personaly I would use a Thermo-quad but a 750 holley or eddy of your choice would be ok. Other than that stuff you can get a standard overhaul kit for the gaskets, rings, bearings, and oil pump. Get the best headers that fit your budget.

This combo should be good for about 425hp. If you really think you want to knock off 25 hp don't touch the heads with a grinder and get a comp magnum 270 cam.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!