When I purchased my 69 Road Runner, of course it is a A4 silver hardtop with a bench seat 4 speed car, the 383 in it has a serious rod knock so I pulled that one. So here i had another nice little 383 that ran pretty descent for being stone stock. I pulled the heads and put on another set of 906's that had a fresh VJ on them. My buddy had a fairly new comp cams hydraulic stick that is around .510 lift and .292 duration. Keep in mind I was on a mission to do this thing on the cheap just to see what we ended up with so I decided the cam was fine since the car is a stick and the idle would be wicked enough. With the cam I got a new set of the Rhoads variable duration lifters. After installing a new double roller chain and new high volume pump we got it put back together. I left the Hi-Po exhaust manifolds on it and used the hemi mufflers with the chrome tips out back. This thing screams! I am not sure what to think about the lifters? I mean it sounds like a grenade waiting to happen at an idle and then it just hauls the mail. Right now it has the original single point distributor and a 68 440 AVS. The motor is zero deck height so it has to around 10-1 compression. The rear gears are 4.10 and it is perfect for me! This car will get rubber in three gears man. Variable lifters or not , I have no complaints. Now if I could get the body done and back to silver I will be flying high. JC.

6245343-69-010.JPG (39 downloads)