took my hand grinder, with a sanding disk, and removed the gelcoat from the top lip of the scoop base flange, and removed the paint from the inside of the hood, around the hole. using a hammer and dolly, i "formed" the edges of the opening, to match the contour of the scoop, as it's raised slightly in the front center (seen in picture a few posts above) and slightly curved front to back. after centering in all directions, i taped it off around the perimeter, after installing it from underneath.

i drilled one hole on each of the 4 sides, and pop riveted it into place, to hold it while drilling holes every inch or two, all the way around. i then ran a thick bead of Evercoat Maxim Multi-Panel Epoxy around the scoop, one edge at a time, by drilling out that rivet, then riveting them from above, with a backing washer inside the hood, on each rivet. after it sets up another day, i'll epoxy glass the inside, and mold the scoop onto the hood, making a permanent seal. i'll hit the outside with the grinder and sanding disc again, and then give it a light coat of glass, to blend it in, and finish off with some body filler, to make it all smooth. pics to follow, as i get there.

gonna do 69.5 six pack hoodpins where the hood bumpers are up front, scuff the inside after i'm done glassing, and then matte black the hood and cowl and call them done.

6292039-PB020026.JPG (343 downloads)

"When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty"