expensive solution. but get a RPM variable relay box made by areomotive to run your fuel pump. at low rpm it runs your pump at lower voltage. when you hit higher rpm's it automatically runs full voltage to your pump. you can run a over ride switch so you can run full voltage to your fuel pump so it runs wide open when you want it to.
i have one in my car. it has worked perfectly for 30,000 miles. i have a A1000 pump, bypass regulator for a carb with a return line, and a rpm relay box. expensive, about $900 for all 3 new from summit, but it works.

i know Barry Gant makes a relay box also that works similar to the areomotive but his is run by switches. there have to be other makers or relay boxes also. i don't think it would be to difficult to make your own with 2 relays and a resister. run keyed power to one relay that goes thru the resister to lower voltage when you are just driving around. and run switched battery power to the other relay to over ride the the resister when you want to get beat on it. if you want to get really fancy you could hook up your fuel pump to a rpm activated switch connected to your ignition system to get full voltage to your pump at a certain rpm.

Last edited by Mr T 2 U; 07/01/08 11:11 PM.

perception is 90% of reality