Quote:

The pad is mine in the parts for sale section, I bought a totaled 71 Gran Coupe many years ago for it's leather interior, overhead console, etc, etc, black interior with red stripe door/rear panels, I initially thought someone painted the woodgrain inserts,.....but there not, there molded in red plastic with chrome edgeing,.....the dash has a red stripe also, looks like tape, but seems to be molded/heated into the grain?......the color matches the red door inserts,kinda like a brite tomato orangey-red.........I used the door panels, and the rest of the interior in a 70 Cuda'..........unfortunately the 71 dash pad would have been "incorrect" in my 70 Cuda'......70 cuda" dashpads are a 1 year only design........so after storing this pad for many years and never really having a use for it......time to go,....need the room......as far as if the stripe is "factory".........don't know? but it did match the door panel inserts

Maybe it was installed by the same place that did Mod Top Daytonas.

I think the red stripe would actually look cool with the red door panel stripes, btw.