Quote:

Did you do back to back runs with and without the exhaust system?

FWIW, the weather difference between the Nats and PRP yesterday is worth about 0.20 sec.

No, My previous best was at the Nat's @ the 11.57 on a 95* day.

Quote:

Congrats on the new best Larry! What were the weather conditions like compared to your previous best at the Mopar Nats? I know the weather at the Nats was brutal, so I wouldn't be suprised if your gain was more to due to better weather conditions than the open headers. IMO your exhaust system sounds perfect and really shouldn't hold you back much if any.

Btw, did you do some engine changes since last year?? Seems like you picked up a lot...Or are you just getting better at bangin the gears

Weather conditions were very different. Nat's it was 95* hot and humid as you know. But, as stated, I ran my best with the 11.57 @ 118 almost 119 mph. Saturday at PRP, the weather was comfortable at around 73-75*, seemed like no or little humidity.
Over the past winter I installed 1.6 rockers and an aluminum flywheel. I didn't pick up much using my old "launch and shifting" procedures. It wasn't until the UMTR race the week before the Nat's, that some stick shift racers made some suggestions to me with the launch and shift points. I started using those suggestions at the Nat's and the performance level has jumped. I can't thank all the guys with UMTR enough. Great bunch. As far a getting better at bangin' gears,.... maybe.