Well I will answer a few. I do have a 2 stage compressor, a decent supply of tools, some automotive air tools n such, a new spray gun, and a decent size garage. I have a little night school body n paint experience (about a months worth) and already have my garage wired for that new 220 welder I have always wanted. I only have an hours worth of welding experience. Point is I am not afraid to try new things. And for the record I did help build my own house even though I would let the electician and plumber do the work even though I am not afraid to try. I have found a decent shop that seems reasonable. I think they were talking between $8000-$12000 to do all the metal work and that was with me providing the metal parts. I have looked into the body in white program, but when I checked it out, that price did not say it included primer coat. Not sure. Anyway, I just wondered if I bought the panels, what would I expect in other charges if I got that welder then went at it. I am basically on the fence. I see the pros of both sides. Just hoping some other people who do this regularly can chime in with their experience.

Last edited by moparmojo; 06/28/08 12:19 AM.