Quote:

I agree you lose the starter retard.One thing to add. make sure you run a ground cable from the battery to the motor.
In my cars I run a ground cable from the battery forward to a stud in the roll cage usually at the A bar near the dash. From there to both heads. Yes both . An old timer said it's the added short point for insuring a good ground for the plugs. from the dash stud ground is also where I run my MSD ground.

I agree with Fred. Run a ground directly to the block from the batteries. I have had the same problem on 2 different pull tractors. Start retards, bigger cable, separate ignition switch from starter switch, 3 batteries. Then put a ground to the block then the chassis from there for the rest of the vehicle. Now it wheels over like a tornado. Then witnessed the guy that bought my other tractor struggle 2 weekends ago and told him to change the grounding and then last weekend after doing this it also started with no effort. Give it a try. Very cheap fix if it works for you too.