Quote:

Ok thanks for the installed pics guys! Looks good! So, I have found a way to tech it up a notch. By using a VW 2 stage switch and a Volvo fan relay switch, I believe it will be possible to use BOTH speeds on the fan, and have it all be AUTOMATIC! I am still hammering out the details, but I am positive this will work. A LOT of this info comes from a fella that did this on an RX7. Pretty cool. I will be posting pics and part info as well as proposed wiring diagrams and suggested part placement...stay tuned

Saw that write-up while I was cruising the net in anticipation of doing my e-fan add. Never got around to following up on it though. Did sound feasible but I just threw it in there to get the truck running and test-able. Like I said earlier, most all of the pieces of my install will be coming out in favor of the larger, properly sized MB fan, a PWM controller, and megasquirt ECU to do all the thinking.

*EDIT*- Not sure why you think you'd have to use a VW 2 stage switch in order to make this work. The Volvo relay(s) will do everything you want it to do. The only other thing I'd consider is that if you're not going to want to fan on constant, you use an ignition-switched relay to feed the Volvo control unit. The Volvo setup is essentially the same thing as the two relays I've got setup in the above picture, with the exception of me using a switch to change to high speed as opposed to using a second thermal switch to kick on high. Could easily pull that switch out, put in a second, higher thermal switch and have that setup. I guess it just depends on which is cheaper to you, the volvo setup or the chrysler concord setup.

Last edited by Pat_Whalen; 09/04/10 06:33 PM.