Hey guys. Thanks for all of the great comments. As bad as I hate it, it will probably be a while before I can get started on the '38. I am backed up with other work right now. I am doing a 100 point restoration on a '70 Superbird 440 6 pak 4spd car for a client. I also have my '69 Charger and '69 Bee that will be restored. But don't worry... temptation will probably push the '38 right in with the two '69 muscle cars.

As for the car itself, the car does need some work. Both doors practically fall off when you open them. The doors appear to be solid along with the door frame. The hinges are what is rusted. I plan on mounting a set of hidden suicide hinges. So that will fix that problem. When building this car, I plan to stay on a pretty low budget. I plan on using many used parts along some parts that I already have laying around here. I do plan on using a Mustang II front end along with one of the 8 3/4 rear ends that I have here. Most of this car will be very simple, yet very unique. As of now, there are no plans to chop the top. I think it has a nice roofline as it is. I will more than likely go with a traditional flamed paint job over black. Like I said, I want to go with a 50s/60s theme.

Just wondering. Do these cars usually come with 14 leafs on either side of the rearend? If not, do you think it could have been a moor runner in the day? Thanks again!

Justin
"CornDog"

Last edited by CornDogsCharger; 06/25/08 10:35 PM.

1966 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Satellite (Un-Restored "Survivor")
1969 Dodge Charger (W.B. General Lee)
1969 Dodge Charger (Future DMCL Clone)
1969 Dodge Super Bee, 383 4spd