Was rewiring a guys race car, he had no relays and no circuit protection on the fuel pump, water pump or the fan. So I give everything its own relay and circuit breaker, the only thing I did different than I've always done is instead of switching the small HOT wire, I wired it to switch the ground off the relay cuz thats what an article I read said was the proper way to do it. The only "common" connection here is the power point on the firewall, the main feed from there to the breaker and then to the relays for the the w/p and fan come off that. The main feed to the fuel pump comes off the batt. Ok, the problem I have is I turn on any one of the toggles for those components, THEY ALL COME ON!! Why is that? Again, the ground off the relays, not the hot wire, run through the toggles and then to a chassis ground. Even if I pull the ground off the toggle that goes to the chassis for 2 of the 3 circuits, EVERYTHING comes on. What gives? Is it not possible to have more than one relay on a car wired in this way? Is it in someway "backfeeding"? I'm at a loss. I used the same brand stuff I always use, just wired it a bit diff. I wanted to get some input before I went and ripped out several hours of work to wire it the way I normally do it.
Thanks,
Ken.