Hey guys,

Im working on the suspension of my 71 scamp as some of you guys on here already know...Ive had a few leads of what direction to go in, and have been offerred a set of SS springs, but not sure how long its going to be before i see them, and id like to fix the suspension and get the car out again this year for a few passes to see if it will hook.

That being said, I called calvert awhile back and talked with them about their bars. I know they flat out work for 95% of the guys out there, so im thinking of picking up a set with the rancho shocks and their 90/10's. However, i know that the monoleafs arent exactly the most street friendly and my car is 90% street car (contradictory to the tech guy at calvert who said the monos should last at the very least a couple years on the street). Id like a decent ride, and from what i hear the monos dont have that (could be that guys are running them on the street the way they have em adjusted for the track, not sure though)

Im wondering how well the caltracs work with factory leaf springs. I have 6cyl leafs with a leaf added to each to stiffen them up and bring up the height some. When calvert first came out with the caltracs as far as i know they had no monoleafs and their stuff stil worked...or did it not? im looking for your guys opinions on running them with the stock leafs on my car...how well would they work? would i have to remove that extra leaf i added for stiffness as it may work against the caltracs? ive never really seen this question asked before, so i figure it would be good to see whos running them like this

any input is appreciated!
thanks guys!
Matthew