Quote:

I gotta say.... why have large port heads, and a tunnel ram if your looking for tourqe???
I would think the mixture coming in would have a ton of turbulence coming out of the manifold and into a big void of a port, with that 90* edge of manifold left.
It wont take long with a good carbide to at least blend it deep into the manifold for a smooth transition. keep in mind, your not going to open it up to and add a bunch of cc volume. I would just go for a smooth transition, as deep as you can reach.
Think of the air going over a box truck in the winter time, with all that snow swirling behind it....doesn't seem good for areo. nice looking setup though
good luck

Actually the smaller intake port acts as a reversion dam, especially on the bigger overlap cams with tight lobe centers Same thing on the exhaust, you always want a bigger exhaust flange port size and pipe size than the heads port size to help stop reversion on the overlap the box truck example does not have a bigger diameter pipe behind it to funnel the airflow through it Venturi effect proves that fluids funnel down into a smaller size increase speed, reduces pressure within the column so there is no bad results at all by having the smaller size intake runner on top of the head intake port, if within reason on the two sizes

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)