While putting away the last (and I do mean LAST) of the trinkets and parts i have left I stumbled across a few 16LB "HOLLOW" rivet radiator caps that i had found in detroit many years ago. There were no more of the "DOMED" rivet caps left in my stash. This prompted me to question a cutoff period for the 2 stlye of caps. my survivor cars like the 71 rj reynolds cuda and 71 hemi charger both use the DOMED rivet. the diamante which was a very early 70 hemi challenger used a HOLLOW rivet. frankly i dropped the ball from there and assumed most 70 cars used the DOMED rivet. sometimes i am guilty of focusing on minutia and letting something as obvious as this live under a possible false assumption.
so gents.....any survivor cars out there with known build dates that can possibly show a changeover period from HOLLOW to DOMED rivet radiator caps? of course there will probably be some plant issues to factor in.
a respected originality mopar guy emailed me last night and stated that all 1970 cars right up to august 70 built 71's used the HOLLOW cap. any tboughts?
thanks much.....good health wishes to all.
Steven