Quote:

Quote:

I'd be interested in this too as my pump is out at the moment.

What is it, some kind of washer to restrict the flow?

No its just a washer (of a certain thickness, again I think about .031) to compress the valve/spring assembly in the high pressure line a little more than stock. Simple simple simple.
I just have never tried it or heard from those who have...

well guys, i had a "super meltdown" on this stoopid pooter last friday/saturday and lost everything. i just got back online as of this morning, and i think my scanner is fried. the basic idea of this article is that a "shim" is inserted into the spool valve on the pressure side [outlet] that lowers the output pressure from approximately 1400# to somewhere around 750-825#. this makes a very noticeable difference ! i like it a lot ! but the hard part is getting the correct washers to use as shims. e-booger recommends adding approximately .062[1/16th"] to whatever shim[s] you may currently have in your stock valve. the shim washers are 1/2"od.x 3/8" id. one way is to drill out a 1/2" od. washer to 3/8", which is almost impossible to hold. what i did was to stack some 3/8" id copper washers on a bolt and turn 'em down on the lathe. super easy to do. if anyone wants some, let me know and i'll whip up a batch. as to when i can scan the article, it may be a couple of days yet. i will try to take a photo and see how that works. to the original poster, please accept my appologies if this has caused you any delays in your project !