Ive been working on swapping a replacement P/S pump to my Jensen Interceptor, and had some questions that hopefully you mopar guys will know more about. Im replacing a federal pump with another federal pump (not sure what it was sourced off of), but there was a few differences. First, the pulley offset was much different, but since I was re-doing a lot of my brackets I worked around that.

But my main question and concern is My original pump has an adapter threaded into the pump going to the high pressure line. Looks to be essentially machine thread on the pump side and flare on the line side. When I took it off of my old pump it seemed to have an old fiber washer around the perimeter of the threads, and what looked to be a thread sealant as well. In the threads of my new pump was the remains of an old o-ring. The threads in both pumps look to be identical however. Is anyone familiar enough with federal pumps to tell me how this adapter is supposed to seal to the pump? I can get pictures if needed.

thanks,
Jim